Lyons Regional Library District
Open Call for Trustee Applications
We would love to hear from you!
The Lyons Regional Library District has upcoming vacancies on our Board of Trustees. We have a lively Library Board of seven members from all walks of life. Currently there are upcoming vacancies for new members beginning September 2019. We will be in the wonderful new library and the Board will be ushering in a new era of collaborative work within the library community and our new Director. We are seeking people who:
- Live within the Lyons Regional Library District (Boulder County or Larimer County)
- Can commit time and positive energy (4-8 hours monthly)
- Are passionate in the belief that libraries transform lives
- Care about the future of our community
- Are comfortable working with digital documents
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST IS MAY 31, 2019
How to apply
Sarah Catchpole chairs the nominations committee and is the best person to contact for an initial inquiry and exploratory conversation. Please email Sarah your contact info and the best times to reach you. You can reach Sarah at:
In the subject bar, kindly put: Sarah – Trustee Inquiry
Sarah will respond! Many thanks for your interest.
Lyons Regional Library District Board Of Trustees Meeting Schedule
All Library Board meetings are held at 6:30 pm on the third Tuesday of the month at the Library, 405 Main Street, Lyons, CO 80504 unless otherwise noted.
- Regular Board Meeting: May 24th at 6:30 pm
- OAC (Owner, Architect, Contractor) meetings – building updates, progress, scheduling: Weekly on Wednesday mornings starting October 24th, 10-11 am at the job site (451 4th Avenue, Lyons, CO)
- Wednesday May 15ths OAC meeting will be from 11am -12pm
- Wednesday May 22nds OAC meeting will be from 9:30-10:30am
The Lyons Regional Library District was created in September 2013 to build and operate a new library following the disastrous flood that destroyed much of the library and the Town of Lyons. On July 1, 2015, the Library officially became the Lyons Regional Library District and began to serve its expanded population. The Library District generally covers the same area as the Lyons Fire Protection District and is governed by a separate board of trustees appointed by the Town of Lyons, Boulder County and Larimer County. The Lyons Regional Library District serves people in both Boulder and Larimer counties.
All Library Board of Trustee meetings are open to the public.
Current Board Members
Kathleen Crane, President
Darcie Sanders, Vice President
Erin Biesiada, Treasurer
Lori Adams-Weaver, Secretary
Sarah Catchpole, Member-at-Large
Sandy Banta, Member-at-Large
Janet Corson-Rikert, Member-at-Large
Contact the Board by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Lyons Regional Library District Board, PO Box 619, Lyons CO 80540.