Lyons' SEED Seminar
What’s a SEED Seminar?
- A series of nine monthly 3-hour gatherings Sept ’22 – May ’23
- An opportunity to connect with other community members who seek to create a culture of belonging
- A brave space where, through articles, books, film, and activities, participants explore and discuss systems of power, oppression, and privilege
- A place for personal reflection and the sharing of our stories as we seek to position ourselves and our experiences in the broader context of society
When is the SEED Seminar?
- Meetings will be held at the Lyons Community Library from 6 to 9 PM starting September 15, 2022 and continuing through May 18, 2023
- Participants must commit to attending all nine meetings on the third Thursday of each month
- We will share a meal at each meeting
Who can attend?
- Anyone interested in learning more about themselves and the society we live in
- Community members hoping to expand their understanding of others and create a more equitable environment for all
- Participants who will engage honestly, respectfully, and with an expectation that our conversations may make them uncomfortable and challenge their current worldview