Lyons' SEED Seminar
What’s a SEED Seminar?
- A series of nine monthly 3-hour gatherings Sept ’22 – May ’23
- A place to share personal stories about our identities to connect meaningfully with one another
- A chance to use articles, books, and video as windows into different identities
- Time to explore and discuss systems of power, oppression, and privilege
- An opportunity to create a culture of belonging and inclusion
When is the SEED Seminar?
- Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of each month at the Lyons Community Library from 6 to 9 PM
- The 2022/2023 Session runs September 15, 2022 through May 18, 2023
- Participants are encouraged to attend all nine meetings
- We will share a meal at each meeting
Who can attend?
- Anyone interested in learning more about themselves and the society we live in
- Community members hoping to expand their understanding of others and create a more equitable environment for all
- Participants who will engage honestly, respectfully, and with an expectation that our conversations may make them uncomfortable and challenge their current worldview
How can I learn more or sign up?
- Complete the brief interest form below. We will get back to you with more information shortly!
- Or contact SEED Seminar Facilitator, Regan Bullers, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn more about the National SEED Project HERE.