The following policies are necessary for accurate tracking of library materials and to ensure fair access for all patrons. If there is a question about implementation, the Director or staff member in charge is happy to answer questions.
- Most library materials are loaned for a three (3) week period. New magazines and periodicals may be borrowed for one (1) week.
- Please note other AspenCat libraries may establish different loan periods for their materials and items received via the courier could have differing due dates.
Materials may be renewed by telephone 303-823-5165 or online according to the following guidelines:
- New items: 1 renewal.
- All other materials: 2 renewals.
- Materials that have a hold in place may not be renewed.
- Please feel free to call and ask questions!
Library materials must be returned to the library or to the book drop in front of the library. The book drop is open 24 hours a day. Items returned in the drop after the library is closed are considered returned the last day the library is open. Please don’t stress about returning materials.
Placing Holds on Materials
- Holds may be placed on any material available for borrowing.
- Holds may be placed in person, by telephone, or online.
- There is no charge for holds.
- Patrons will be notified by telephone or email when the hold item is available.
- Material on hold will be held for one week from the date the hold is received (or longer if a special request is made and there are no other requests for the item).
We want everyone to feel good about borrowing and returning books. We understand when books are late or get damaged. Just talk to us if you have a concern about returning a book or paying fines.
- Overdue fines are charged the following per item (Books, Audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, etc.): $0.05/day.
- Courtesy Notices of items due will be provided via email unless the patron opts out or does not provide an email address.
- “Advanced Notice of Item Due” is sent 2 days prior to due date.
- “Your Item is Now Due” is sent on due date.
- Overdue notices might come directly from the AspenCat library that owns the item due.
- Replacement items may be accepted only at the discretion of the Library Director.
Lost or Damaged Items
- Patrons are responsible for the replacement cost of an item that has been lost or has been damaged beyond repair.
- Any overdue fines owed will be waived when a lost or damaged item is paid for or replaced.
- Feel free to come and talk to us about this as we are really friendly, and we’d like everyone to enjoy using the library.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service
Most patrons can find the materials they are seeking through the AspenCat member library consortium. For items not available through AspenCat, we offer an Interlibrary Loan service. We aren’t always able to find every item but we will try!
ILL Borrowing from Other Libraries
- The Lyons Regional Library does not charge for interlibrary loan service.
- Loan periods are determined by the lending library.
- Interlibrary loan materials from outside the AspenCat catalog may not be renewed.
- Patrons are responsible for lost items. Charges are based on fees charged by the lending library.