Exciting News: Curbside Pick up!
The Lyons Community Library is excited to offer curbside pickup services starting Monday, May 4th. This is a new service for us and we will make necessary adjustments as we go to ensure the safety of our staff and community. We thank you for your patience!
How will this work?
- Place items on hold at lyons.catalog.aspencat.info or by calling us at 303-823-5165.
- Because the statewide courier that delivers materials from other libraries is currently not operating, we are limited to materials owned by the Lyons Community Library. In order to fairly meet demand, we ask that only five items per card be checked out at one time.
- When you arrive to pick up your holds, call us at 303-823-5165 to let us know you’re here and either stay in your vehicle or at least 10 feet away from the doors.
- A staff member will place your checked-out items on a table outside the front doors. Once the staff member is safely back inside, please pick up your items. Don’t forget to wave!
- Return materials in the outside book drop.
Currently, we will be offering curbside pickup on Mondays and Thursdays between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm; Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm; and on Saturdays between 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Hours are subject to change based on continued staff availability and all currently applicable directives from state and local health officials. We will expand our services as soon as we are confident we can do so safely.
With an abundance of caution, and following currently recommended guidance from local health officials, returned materials will be quarantined for several days prior to check-in. This means there will be a delay in items clearing from your account. Remember, we do not collect overdue fines.
Need help choosing materials since you can’t browse? Give us a call, we’re happy to help! Need to print? Please email your attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can leave those on the table outside, too.
We miss you and we’ll get through this, Lyons!