The following policies are necessary for accurate tracking of library materials and to insure fair access for all patrons. If there is a question about implementation, the Director or staff member in charge is happy to answer questions.
- Most library materials are loaned for a three (3) week period. New magazines and periodicals may be borrowed for one (1) week.
- Time or quantity limits may be placed when a patron wants to borrow a large portion of materials on a particular subject.
Materials may be renewed by telephone 303-823-5165 or online according to the following guidelines:
- Please feel free to call and ask questions!
- New items: 1 renewal
- All other materials: 2 renewals
- Materials that have a hold in place may not be renewed.
Library materials must be returned to the library or to the book drop in front of the library. The book drop is open 24 hours a day. Items returned in the drop after the library is closed are considered returned the last day the library is open. Please don’t stress about returning materials.
Placing Holds on Materials
- Holds may be placed on any material available for borrowing.
- Holds may be placed in person, by telephone, or online.
- There is no charge for holds.
- Patrons will be notified by telephone or email when the hold item is available.
- Material on hold will be held for one week from the date the hold is placed. Or longer if a special request is made.
- Holds will be filled in the order they enter they are received.
- Pick up holds in the library near the circulation desk. They are put in order alphabetically by last name. Or just ask!
Overdue fines are charged the following per item:
- We want everyone to feel good about borrowing and returning books. We understand when books are late or get damaged. Just talk to us if you have a concern about returning a book or paying a fine.
- Loans from other AspenCat libraries $1.00/day
- All other materials (Books, Audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, etc.) $0.05/day.
- Courtesy Notices of items due will be provided via email unless the patron opts out or does not provide an email address.
- “Your Item is Now Due” is sent on due date
- “Advanced Notice of Item Due” is sent 2 days prior to due date
- Notification of overdue items is sent after two weeks
- Replacement items may be accepted only at the discretion of the Library Director. It’s easiest for us if patrons just replace the item with a book or item in similar condition
Lost or Damaged Items
- Patrons are responsible for the replacement cost of an item that has been lost or has been damaged beyond repair.
- Any overdue fines owed will be waived when a lost or damaged item is paid for or replaced.
- Feel free to come and talk to us about this as we are really friendly, and we’d like everyone to enjoy using the library.
Most patrons can find the materials they are seeking through the AspenCat member library consortium. For items not available through AspenCat, we offer an Interlibrary Loan service. We aren’t always able to find every item but we will try!
ILL Borrowing from Other Libraries
- The Lyons Regional Library does not charge for interlibrary loan service.
- Loan periods are determined by the lending library.
- Interlibrary loan materials from outside the AspenCat catalog may not be renewed.
- Patrons are responsible for lost items. Charges are based on fees charged by the lending library.
ILL Lending to Other Libraries
- The Lyons Regional Library loans almost all circulating books and AV material.
- The library accepts interlibrary loan request via AspenCat and SWIFT (a type of InterLibrary Loan).