TEEN CODING CLUB
This is a seven-week coding club for teens aged 13-16.
When: Tuesdays, 3:30-5, April 6 – May 18
We will meet virtually and decide together what topics or languages we explore based on the interests of those who join.
RESOURCES FOR PYTHON
- Download Python | Python.org
- Online editing platform Replit is here: https://replit.com/
- Tutorial for using turtle: Complete Python Turtle Graphics Overview! (From Beginner to Advanced) – YouTube
- The Beginner’s Guide to Python Turtle – Real Python
- Turtle documentation is here.
Watch the turtle tutorial and create some Python scripts that draw different shapes using turtle. Create some drawings in Replit or your downloaded Python platform using the turtle.
RESOURCES FOR SCRATCH
- Look at this simple animation here.
- Here is a Scratch file with just the bird: Just the bird on Scratch (mit.edu)
Can you add the dog and the cheesy puffs?