There are many ways that you can support the Lyons Regional Library. Everyone can help, no matter what.
Become a Friend of the Lyons Regional Library!
The Friends of the Lyons Regional Library is a nonprofit group that supports programs and services that bring your library to life. They are committed, caring individuals who share a common vision to raise our voices to ensure a first-class public library for Lyons. The Friends group has been instrumental in supporting our library in its conversion to electronic cataloging, and now, during ongoing recovery from the September 2013 flood, they are helping to meet especially heavy financial challenges. We are very proud of the Friends’ contributions to the presence and functioning of our Library and for highlighting its importance for the greater Lyons community.
The Friends’ activities include:
- Creating public awareness of the library’s service;
- Obtaining gifts, endowments and memorials for the library;
- Supporting programs, events, and services beyond what normal library funding and staffing provide; and
- Funding purchase of selected books and materials.
Goals of the Friends:
- Maintain an association of persons in the Lyons area interested in libraries;
- Publicize the services, facilities, and the needs of the Lyons Regional Library;
- Solicit and receive on behalf of the Lyons Regional Library donations of funds, securities, endowments, bequests, and other assets; and
- Develop the Lyons Regional Library as a cultural center for the community.
Any member of the Friends is welcome to attend meetings held on the 4th Thursday of each month at 5:30 pm at the library in the nonfiction room. Come and make some new “Friends” and see what they’re all about!
Join the Friends
It’s easy — Send your contact information with a check made out to “Friends of Lyons Library” to: PO Box 1493 Lyons, CO 80540
- Individual membership: $1o/yr. Family membership: $20/yr.
Contributions to the Friends of LDL, a 501c(3), nonprofit organization described in the Internal Revenue code in sections 509(a)(1) and 170(B)(A)(vi), are tax deductible. Federal ID tax number: EIN: 84-1264137.
All money contributed to the Friends benefits the Lyons Regional Library.
Volunteers are appreciated at Lyons Regional Library! If you are interested in volunteering send our Director, Katherine Weadley an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteers must read and sign the VolunteerHandbook before volunteering.
Volunteer with the Friends of the Lyons Regional Library
This committee is responsible for supporting services and programs provided by the library for our patrons as well as fundraising for the Lyons Regional Library. Contact email@example.com if you have an interest in being on this committee.
Volunteer with the Lyons Regional Library District Board
The Lyons Regional Library District was created in September 2013 to build a new library/community resource center. Tax funding for the District narrowly failed in November 2013, but a re-vote passed in November 2014. The District generally covers the same area as the Lyons Fire Protection District and is governed by a separate board of trustees appointed by the Town of Lyons, Boulder County, and Larimer County. Find out more about the Lyons Regional Library District Board.
Due to our limited space constraints in our temporary location on Main St., we cannot accept many donations at this time. We are currently only accepting:
- New release materials in perfectly new condition
- DVDs that are in good condition or better
You can still support the library with your other donations, however. Simply take your books to one of two local bookstores and ask the credit for the sales to be applied to the “Lyons Regional Library.” Money from the sales of those materials will be used to fund programs and services at your library.